Installing a Cloud Part® for use with SharePoint's "Modern" Pages
The installation process for the "Modern-ready" version of Bamboo Cloud Parts® is a bit different than the "Classic" versions. Follow the steps below to get your Bamboo Cloud Parts® ready to be used in your "Modern" pages.
Download the Bamboo Product zip file(s)
Obtain the Bamboo Product .zip file and save the contents somewhere on your computer.
Your .zip File will look like the below:
The name of the zip file will vary based on what product you are installing.
- Upload and activate the Bamboo Product on your App Catalog
- Go to the More features page of the new SharePoint admin center
- Under Apps, select Open.
- Select Upload and browse to your Bamboo Product (the unzipped file: only the .sppkg file) then upload. Or drag and drop the .sppkg file into the library
- To help site owners identify and use the app, right-click it, and then select Properties
- In the properties dialog form, you can change the Name for the app and enter optional information like a description, images, category, publisher, and support URL. Follow the instructions on the screen for details like image size
- Make sure the Enabled check box is selected so that users are able to add this app to sites.
- Add the Bamboo Product to your site
- Navigate to your site collection's Site Contents page, and click "New" and then "App".
- Locate the app under the section "Apps you can add." All of Bamboo's Cloud Part® apps begin with the word "Bamboo."
- Click on the Bamboo Product to enable it on your site collection.
- Add the Bamboo Product to your modern page
- Navigate to the modern page you want to add the Cloud Part to.
- Click on "Edit" to bring the page to edit mode.
- Click on the + icon to add a new app into your page.
- The Bamboo Product is now available to be selected among the other apps in your SharePoint environment. Click on the Bamboo Product tile to add it to the page*.
- Add your per instance license for the product
- Put the page in edit mode
- Hover over the Bamboo Product on the left-hand side and select the edit pencil
- Open your license file and copy the contents
- Paste the license file contents into the panel on the right-hand side
Installing a Cloud Part® for use with SharePoint's "Classic" Pages
The installation process for the "Classic" version of Bamboo Cloud Parts® is a bit different than the "Modern" versions. Follow the steps below to get your Bamboo Cloud Parts® ready to be used in your "Classic" pages.
Download the MyBamboo Installer® and Cloud Part® files
Obtain the Installer and the Cloud Part's .zip file, and save them somewhere in your computer.
Zip File will look like this.
- Upload the MyBamboo Installer files
- Open the installer's .zip file and copy Bamboo-Installer.html into your Site Assets
- Copy URL of Bamboo-Installer.html
- Add the MyBamboo Installer® to your site
- Create a new web part page or wiki page named Bamboo Installer
- Add a Content Editor web part to your page
- In the content link enter the URL of Bamboo-Installer.html, then click Apply
- Install your Bamboo Cloud Part®
On the MyBamboo Installer® page fill in the four fields then click the Load Cloud Part® button
- Site Collection URLs - All site collections to install the Cloud Part® on, separated by a comma
- Installation Mode - Select the experience of your site collection
- Product File - The .zip file you downloaded or was emailed to you
- Product License -The .bblic file that you downloaded (Read How to get your Bamboo product licenses)
When the message "Package Installation Complete" displays on the page, it has been successfully installed and ready to use.
*Click the Gear Wheel and then choose "Add an App" and select your installed Bamboo Cloud App.
*Our Office 365 Installer is Usable in Chrome and Edge Browsers.