Planner Plus Cloud Part®
Organize your team’s work in a visual, intuitive way.
Using Planner Plus Cloud Part®
Create a New Department
- Hover the + icon on the left-hand menu and click on New Department.
- Enter a department name in the Department Name field
- Click Create Department
Create a New Plan
Having a plan to hold and organize tasks is the first step in using Planner Plus. To create a new plan, follow these steps:
- Hover over the + icon on the left-hand menu and click on New Plan.
- Enter a plan name in the New Plan Name field
- Select a department name from the drop down menu if applicable
- Select if you would like to Allow Multiple Assignees for each task
⚠ Note: Grouping by multi-person columns is not supported in board-view.
- Click on the Create Plan
Your newly created plan will now show in the Plan Gallery.
Create a New Plan from an Existing SharePoint List or Library
SharePoint lists can be converted to a Planner Plus plan and brought into the Plan Gallery. This will convert all list items to Planner Plus tasks by adding the following columns:
- Start Date
- Due Date
To convert an existing SharePoint list or library into a plan, follow these steps:
- Hover over the + icon on the left-hand menu and click on New Plan from Existing List.
- Type a URL of the site that you would like to pull your List from the Current Tenant (web application). The current site will pre-populate in the Lists In field. Then Click Load Lists.
- Click on the Title
- You will now be able to configure the options of the Columns and information that will be added to the existing list.
- You newly converted plan will now show in the Plan Gallery.
Deleting a Plan from the Plan Gallery
- Click on the Trash can to the left of the Plan you would like to delete.
- A pop up will appear asking you to confirm and explain that deleting this list will only delete it from the Plan Gallery not from the Site itself.
Add Tasks to a Plan
To add new tasks to a plan, follow these steps:
- Click on Plan Gallery on the left-hand menu.
- Pick a plan by clicking on its Title in the Plan Gallery.
- Click on the link under any of the Listed Column Buckets.
- Fill out the form:
- Title – This is used as the identifier for the task and will be used as the task heading.
- Description – Describe the nature of the task in more detail.
- StartDate – If applicable, specify the start date for the task.
- DueDate – If applicable, specify the due date for the task.
- Watcher – If applicate, use the people picker field to indicate who is watching this task.
- EstimatedTime – Enter a numeric value to indicate the estimated time for the task.
- AssignedTo – Use this people picker field to indicate who this task belongs to.
- Progress – Select the bucket you want this task to initially be part of. This can be easily changed later by dragging the task’s tile to a different bucket. (See Sort tasks into buckets).
- Click Save
You newly converted task will now show under the corresponding bucket.
Sort Tasks into Buckets
Once you have several tasks, sorting them into their designated buckets is very easy.
- Move the mouse cursor to over-top the task you want to move. A cursor will appear.
- Click and hold the task. This will make the edges of the individual buckets appear. Drag the task over to the bucket you want to put it in.
- Let go of the mouse button to drop your task into the bucket. Your task is now grouped into a new bucket. This will also change the corresponding item in the List Column.
Keep in mind, you can add new tasks directly into their corresponding bucket when you create them. Just click the button directly under the bucket’s title.
Add a Custom Bucket
One of the great things about Planner Plus is how easy it is to customize it around your project. Not every project is going to be limited to the Not Started, In Progress, or Complete buckets. To create a new custom bucket:
- Click the Planner Gallery Icon on the left side, then select your plan.
- Click on the words New Bucket and type the title you want for your new bucket. Press Enter.
- After you press enter, the page will refresh and take you back to the Planner Gallery. Click on your plan to open it, your new custom bucket will appear!
You are now all set to create new tasks or drag and drop existing tasks to your new bucket. If you want to add more custom buckets, repeat steps 1-3.
Define Your Own Bucket Groups
Defining your own bucket groups allows you to create an independent Kanban board, making it easy to visualize your work and workflow.
To define your own bucket groups:
- Click on the button in the far righthand side of your screen.
- This will bring up the option to customize your new bucket group. Choose a Group Title, then type in 2-5 more categories that your tasks can be sorted in.
- All your tasks are now ready to be sorted into their new groups. Click and drag them to their corresponding bucket group.
- If you ever want to change which groups you are viewing, just click on the drop-down box next to Group By (on the right side of your view) and select a different group.
Bulk Edit Tasks All At Once
To quickly edit multiple tasks at the same time, it’s easiest to use Planner Plus’ List View.
To do this, go to the top of the Planner Plus Cloud Part® and click on list view.
Once the list view is open, click on Edit in grid view
This opens a grid where you can double click on any of the boxes and change their content. This is an easy way to edit multiple fields at once.
Once done, click on Exit grid view to save the changes.
Now, when you click back on Board View at the top of the Planner Plus Cloud Part®, the items will have been modified and the changes will be reflected in the Board.
Navigate to the Chart View option at the top of the Planner Plus Cloud Part to view the task information in two different chart views.
Copying Plan Link
If you would like to disseminate your Plan link simply Click Copy Plan Link in the top right corner.
Planner Plus now features a notification bell/alert system. As tasks are created and assigned, highlights and new items will appear in the top right-hand corner. Offering a place for individuals to quickly catch up on changes made since they last accessed the Planner Plus Cloud Part.
Changing the Settings of your Planner Plus
Click on Settings from the menu below your Plans Name.
Options in Settings.
- Display Fields– These are the fields that will display on the task card.
- Tool Tip Fields– These are the fields that will display when you click on the task card.
- Group – Allows you to group plans together.
- Aggregate Hours – Toggle to show task hours sum and/or averages
- Status Color – Change the color of the cards on the board per status
- Card Settings – Change the card size, card color, card text color on the board
Click on the White Bar under the Display Fields option
Select the columns you would like to display on the Task Card.
You will now see these on the Task Card on the Plan Board.
Tool Tip Fields
Click on the White Bar under the Tool Tip Fields option
Select the columns you would like to display when you click on a Task Card.
You will now see the columns in the Tool Tip when you click on the Task Card on the Plan Board.
If you have never used a group in this Planner Plus instance you will need to create your first group. This is done by clicking in the Group box and start typing. This new group will be created on save. This can be done for every new group you would like to make.
If you have existing groups simply select that Group in the drop down.
When you go back to the Planner Gallery you will see the newly created group with your associated plan under it.
Toggle the aggregate checkboxes to add or remove the highlighted option at the top of the Planner Plus Cloud Part.
Click the drop down next to each status color and use the color picker or the hex color number to assign colors to each status.
Card Settings - Card Size
Select a size of the Task Card you would like on the Board. The options are Large, Medium or Small.
When you go back to the Board View you will see the size has changed.
Card Settings - Card Color
Click the drop down of the Card Color option. You will be able to select a color from the color picker or use the Hex color number.
When you go back to your Board View you will see the Task Card color changed.
Card Settings - Card Text Color
Click the drop down of the Card Text Color option. You will be able to select a color from the color picker or use the Hex color number.
When you go back to your Board View you will see the Task Card color changed.