Planner Plus Cloud Part®
Organize your team’s work in a visual, intuitive way.
Using Planner Plus Cloud Part®
Create a New Plan
Having a plan to hold and organize tasks is the first step in using Planner Plus. To create a new plan, follow these steps:
- Hover over the + icon on the left-hand menu and click on New Plan.
- Enter a plan name in the New Plan Name field
- Click on the Create Plan
Your newly created plan will now show in the Plan Gallery.
Create a New Plan from an Existing SharePoint List or Library
SharePoint lists can be converted to a Planner Plus plan and brought into the Plan Gallery. This will convert all list items to Planner Plus tasks by adding the following columns:
- Start Date
- Due Date
To convert an existing SharePoint list or library into a plan, follow these steps:
- Hover over the + icon on the left-hand menu and click on New Plan from Existing List.
- Pick the SharePoint list you’d like to convert to a plan by clicking on its tile under the Lists in Current Site Collection section.
- You newly converted plan will now show in the Plan Gallery.
Add Tasks to a Plan
To add new tasks to a plan, follow these steps:
- Click on Plan Gallery on the left-hand menu.
- Pick a plan by clicking on its tile.
- Click on the link
- Fill out the form:
- Title – This is used as the identifier for the task and will be used as the task heading.
- Description – Describe the nature of the task in more detail.
- StartDate – If applicable, specify the start date for the task.
- DueDate – If applicable, specify the due date for the task.
- AssignedTo – Use this people picker field to indicate who this task belongs to.
- Progress – Select the bucket you want this task to initially be part of. This can be easily changed later by dragging the task’s tile to a different bucket. (See Sort tasks into buckets).
- Click Save
You newly converted task will now show under the corresponding bucket.
Sort Tasks into Buckets
Once you have several tasks, sorting them into their designated buckets is very easy.
- Move the mouse cursor to over-top the task you want to move. A cursor will appear.
- Click and hold the task. This will make the edges of the individual buckets appear. Drag the task over to the bucket you want to put it in.
- Let go of the mouse button to drop your task into the bucket. Your task is now grouped into a new bucket.
Keep in mind, you can add new tasks directly into their corresponding bucket when you create them. Just click the button directly under the bucket’s title.
Add a Custom Bucket
One of the great things about Planner Plus is how easy it is to customize it around your project. Not every project is going to be limited to the Not Started, In Progress, or Complete buckets. To create a new custom bucket:
- Click the Planner Gallery Icon on the left side, then select your plan.
- Click on the words New Bucket and type the title you want for your new bucket. Press Enter.
- After you press enter, the page will refresh and take you back to the Planner Gallery. Click on your plan to open it, your new custom bucket will appear!
You are now all set to create new tasks or drag and drop existing tasks to your new bucket. If you want to add more custom buckets, repeat steps 1-3.
Define Your Own Bucket Groups
Defining your own bucket groups allows you to create an independent Kanban board, making it easy to visualize your work and workflow.
To define your own bucket groups:
- Hover your mouse over one of the group titles. Click on the option that appears.
- This will bring up the option to customize your new bucket group. Choose a Group Title, then type in 2-5 more categories that your tasks can be sorted in.
- All your tasks are now ready to be sorted into their new groups. Click and drag them to their corresponding bucket group.
- If you ever want to change which groups you are viewing, just click on the drop down box next to Group By and select a different group.
Bulk Edit Tasks All At Once
To quickly edit multiple tasks at the same time, it’s easiest to use Planner Plus’ List View.
To do this, go to the top of the Planner Plus Cloud Part® and click on list view.
Once the list view is open, click on Edit this list.
This opens a grid that you can double-click on any of the boxes and change their content. This is an easy way to edit multiple fields at once.
As an example, let’s change the Progress on the first two items on our list from Not Started to Complete:
Once that is done, click on Stop editing this list to save the changes.
Now, when we click back on Board View at the top of the Planner Plus Cloud Part®, the items have moved, reflecting the changes we made in list view.
Toggling Full Screen Mode
Full screen mode is helpful when working with large amounts of tasks.
To toggle full screen mode, click on the icon at the top right of the screen.
This will expand Planner Plus to take up more screen space, allowing you to view and edit your tasks more clearly and effectively.
When you are ready to exit full screen mode, simply click on the icon at the top right of the page, and Planner Plus will shrink back down to its original size.