When a user opens the Web Part Tool Pane and clicks [Product Name] Settings button, a pop-up Settings window appears, however, the user is unable to:
- Select different setting screens using the left navigation.
- Configure options of the shown settings screen.
- View or select the Save & Close or Cancel buttons at the bottom of the screen.
This issue commonly occurs due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Using an unsupported internet browse (we currently only support certain versions of Internet Explorer).
- The internet browser Zoom level is too high (over 100%)
- Screen Resolution is too low.
- There is a conflict with the site's Master Page.
- Alternate Access Mappings (AAM) are not configured correctly.
To resolve the issue follow these steps:
- Confirm that you are running Internet Explorer 8 or higher.
- Check your browser Zoom setting. Bamboo Solutions recommends setting the Zoom level to 100%.
- Check the screen resolution of your local computer. The pop-up settings window requires a resolution of at least 1024x768 to display correctly.
After completing step 3, see if the Web Part Settings window displays correctly. If still experiencing issues, move to step 4 below.
- If you are running a custom built Master Page, it could be a result of the custom master page changes. The easiest method to check if it is the custom Master Page is to add and configure the Web Part on a site with the out of the box default or v4 Master Page deployed.
If still experiencing issues, the next step is to check the server configuration. The following steps will require your SharePoint Administrator and/or IT Administrator.
- Do you access your SharePoint site using an external URL, similar to http://www.companyname.com? If so, Alternate Access Mappings are most likely being used. Review the following article to confirm that the Alternate Access Mappings have been configured correctly.