These Bamboo server products deploy timer jobs when installed on a SharePoint farm:
- Alert Plus (HW05)
- File Share Library (HW60)
- Project Management Central (SA12)
- Workflow Conductor (SA08)
Each of these products includes Bamboo.Framework.wsp which, in turn, includes a component named Bamboo.Logging.dll. If all of your Bamboo products are not on the same release version, it is possible for the SharePoint timer service to not be able to find a required version of Bamboo.Logging.dll.
Symptoms of this issue are any of the following:
- Solution deployment or retraction does not complete after a very long time.
- SharePoint unified logging (ULS) reports "Could not load file or assembly 'Bamboo.Logging" for the process OWSTIMER.EXE.
- Running stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs displays "Target of invocation returned error".
- No alerts from Alert Plus are ever sent.
- Timer jobs show a status of Failed in Central Administration.
To resolve this issue for SharePoint 2016, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\16\BIN
- Edit OWSTIMER.EXE.CONFIG using Notepad.
- Add the following lines shown in BOLD in the listing below.
- Save the file.
- Restart the SharePoint Timer Service.
- Confirm that the timer jobs are completing.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319" />
<NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy enabled="false" />
<appDomainManagerAssembly value="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />
<appDomainManagerType value="Microsoft.SharePoint.SPAppDomainManager" />
<assemblyIdentity name="Bamboo.Logging" publicKeyToken="8c72b2bd3eb9ec1e" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168" newVersion="22.214.171.124" />
- If you copy and paste this into the file, make sure to delete the leading format spaces when you put it in
To resolve this issue for SharePoint 2013, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\BIN.
- Follow steps 2 - 6 in the preceding list.
To avoid this issue, ensure all of your Bamboo products are on the same version before installing, and never install an older version of a product in the same SharePoint farm with newer versions. Installing an older version of Bamboo.Framework.wsp is the primary cause of this issue.
Please sign in to leave a comment.