Bamboo products that display configuration pages in Central Administration may encounter an issue after installation similar to Figure 1 below.
Figure 1. Resource error in Central Administration
This may happen in a multi-server farm where Central Administration is not running on the web-front end server. In that scenario SharePoint may not deploy global resources may to the IIS web application hosting Central Administration.
To resolve this issue in release 18.1 and later:
- Run activate.ps1 from the install package on the Central Administration server.
- When prompted for a web application, simply press Enter (no entry) and the script will register the global resources correctly.
To resolve this issue in releases prior to 18.1:
- Log on to the Central Administration server using an Administrator account.
- Open the SharePoint Management Shell As Administrator.
- Run the following command: