Prior to 3rd party product installation, it is recommended best practice to ensure appropriate backups/image snaps shots are performed prior to installation. Clients will want to ensure they have the proper maintenance windows scheduled to accommodate for the installation and downtime.
- Download your Bamboo Products from the Bamboo Solutions Shop after purchase.
- Save the package on the server you desire to install. (if a multi- server farm it should be a Web front end running Central Admin Service is possible)
- Extract Zip File in a location of your choosing. (we do recommend 7zip for extraction)
- Copy the directory location of the File Explorer Bar.
- Open SharePoint Power Management Shell as an admin.
- In the dialog prompt type in CD and then paste the directory path you just copied and press enter. (the installer installs all WSPs in this directory location)
- Type in .\install.ps1
- The install script might ask you if you wish to continue.
- The tool will then run pre-checks making sure your farm is healthy enough for the installation to continue.
- It will then ask you for a Web Application URL or to leave blank if you want to deploy Globally. (it is Bamboo’s Recommendation that all products are deployed globally.)
- The tool will then run restart your IIS and SharePoint timer service. (there will be significant down time during this step and the rest of this process)
- If older products are installed on this farm the install script will now save those older versions in a BAK folder in the directory you are installing from.
- Then the solutions will be installation and deployed into your farm.
- When the Installation script is complete please check your Manage Farm Solutions in Central Admin to make sure that the product WSPs that you wanted to install are now deployed with no error.
Note: PMCentral and Workflow Conductor do have additional steps during the installation and we do recommend Bamboo Solutions Installation Services accompaniment for these installations.
If you have errors at any time please contact Support@bamboosolutions.com, with any helpful information as well of screen shots of what you are experiencing.
Note: Step by step installation guidance or having a Bamboo Representative accompany you during your installation does fall outside of product support. If you do need installation support this will be an hourly service fee.