Manual Installation Steps:
Download the installation .zip file
- If you have not done so already, login to My Bamboo with your Microsoft work account.
- Click on the link on the left-hand menu.
- Locate the Cloud Part® you want to install/update and click the or button.
- Click on the "Manual Installation" tab, and click on the button.
- Save the downloaded .zip file anywhere in your computer. You will use it in the upcoming steps.
Extract and install the My Bamboo Client Installer*
Open the .zip file and extract only the file named mybambooclient.txt to your computer. You will still use the .zip file in an upcoming step.
- Upload this mybambooclient.txt file to anywhere in your SharePoint site collection. We recommend placing it in your site collection's Site Assets document library.
Create a new SharePoint Web Part Page or Wiki Page anywhere in your site collection. This will serve as your Bamboo Cloud Part® installation page.
Edit the page, and add a new Content Editor Web Part to it.
- Ensure the Content Editor Web Part points to the mybambooclient.txt file you just uploaded to SharePoint.
To point the Content Editor Web Part to the mybambooclient.txt file, ensure that its URL is entered into the "Content Link" field in the Web Part's properties and press 'OK'
- 'Save' or 'Stop Editing' the page.
- Once a form similar to the screenshot below is displayed on the page, the My Bamboo Client has been installed successfully.
Install the Cloud Part® using the My Bamboo Client
- Click on the "Browse" button and navigate to the Cloud Part® .zip file you downloaded from My Bamboo. Select it, and press "Open."
Click on the button to kick off the installation process.
When the message "Package Installation Complete" displays on the page, your Cloud Part® has been successfully installed and ready to use.
Not sure how to add your newly-installed Cloud Part® to your pages? This video shows you how: How to add a Bamboo Cloud Part® to a page.