All of Bamboo Solutions products include Bamboo.Framework.wsp which, in turn, includes a component named Telerik.Web.UI.dll. If all of your Bamboo products are not on the same release version, it is possible for SharePoint to not be able to find a required version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll.
Symptoms of this issue are any of the following:
- Web part displays with error
- SharePoint unified logging (ULS) reports "Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=XXXX.X.XXXX.XX" for the process W3WP.EXE.
- Correlation ID error when trying to configure a web part pop-up.
- Page where web part resides throws error and asks you to view the page in a "Web Part Maintenance View".
- Bamboo Solutions component configuration pages within Central Administration, throw correlation ID error.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Please download and run the attached Power Shell script. The .\confingur.ps1 will need to be run in a Share Point PowerManagement Shell * as an Admin. Point the URL correctly to where it will be installed. What it will do? On one of your web front ends, this will place a redirect into your web.config to point to the proper Telerik version.
- Please re-run for every web application that you will be using the Bamboo Product needing the fix. Each web application needs to be entered into the prompt as directed.(you will only be able to enter 1 web application per run)
- Retest the issue.
To avoid this issue, ensure all of your Bamboo products are on the same version before installing, and never install an older version of a product in the same SharePoint farm with newer versions. Installing an older version of Bamboo.Framework.wsp is the primary cause of this issue.