Updating your installed Cloud Parts® is key so that you can take advantage of the latest new features and bug fixes, as well as maximize the value of your My Bamboo Cloud Parts® subscription.
Cloud Part® data and configuration settings will be kept intact and will not be overwritten when performing this action. You do not need to reconfigure the Cloud Part® every time an update is installed.
The process of updating an installed Cloud Part® is very similar to installing them in the first place.
Follow these steps to update a Cloud Part®.
- Login to My Bamboo.
- Click the Cloud Part® Gallery link in the left-hand menu.
- Locate the Cloud Part® you'd like to update.
- Click the or button.
- In the Site Collection Install dialog box, click on the icon in the text box to reveal previously-used Site Collections.
- Select the Site Collection URL that contains the Cloud Part® you'd like to update.
- Click on the button.
- Observe the icon on the bottom-right corner of your screen while the Cloud Part® updates. When finished, a dialog box will display saying "Cloud Part® successfully installed."
After following these steps, the Cloud Part® will reflect any new functionalities, features, or bug-fixes that were rolled out since the last version of the Cloud Part®.
Note: Due to browser caching, you may have to do a "hard refresh" on the page that contains your Cloud Part® to see the changes right away. This forces your browser to fetch the most updated Cloud Part® files, instead of resorting to the files locally stored on your computer. Press Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard to perform a "hard refresh." This only needs to be done once.