See How To Find The File Version For a Bamboo Product to locate the file version of Alert Plus.
If you are upgrading from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, follow the steps described in How to Migrate Bamboo Products From SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, then follow the additional steps below.
Because Alert Plus uses a combination of Web properties, event receivers and SharePoint lists to store URLs, the SharePoint Administrator must run a special command-line utility to update the static URLs associated with Alert Plus alert jobs. This article guides SharePoint Administrators through this utility to successfully use Alert Plus in SharePoint 2013.
- On the SharePoint server where Alert Plus was installed, locate the Bamboo.FixUpgrade.exe file. It is located in the extracted Alert Plus product folder. You can also download the file in the Article Attachments section below.
- Navigate to a SharePoint Web front-end server in the new SharePoint 2013 Farm.
- Open the program Command Prompt running as Administrator.
- Change the directory in the Command Prompt to the directory that contains the Bamboo.FixUpgrade.exe file.
- Enter the following command:
Bamboo.FixUpgrade "[CurrentAlertPlusSiteURL]" "[OldDomainName]" "[NewDomainName]"
Enter the site URL where Alert Plus resides in your new SharePoint 2013 Farm for [CurrentAlertPlusSiteURL]. [OldDomainName] is the domain name part of the URL you need to change. [NewDomainName] is the domain name part of the URL where your new SharePoint 2013 site resides.
In the screenshot above, the old portal was located at http://katiemoss. The Alert Plus Web Part was located in a subsite called Alerts at the following URL: http://katiemoss/SiteDirectory/Alerts. The new SharePoint 2013 Farm is located at http://katiewin2008.
- Repeat Step 4 for each instance of Alert Plus that you are running. Note: Only perform this step for Alert Plus instances that were already deployed before the migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.
- Make sure that all alerts are updated successfully by completing the following verification steps:
- Navigate to the site where the Alert Plus Web Part resides. Select Site Contents, then Alert+ Configuration List.
- Verify that the URLs for the columns Alert List Site Path and Recipient List Site Path (if used) are updated with the correct URL.
- Navigate back to the Alert Plus Web Part and click Support. Under Alert Plus Event Handlers in the Registration Information section, click View. Each alert job in the Alert Plus Web Part is listed in the multi-line text field, including the associated URL.
- Confirm that the correct domain is listed for each alert job. NOTE: If an alert job is not listed in the multi-line text field, open the alert job in the Alert Plus Web Part and save the alert job.
- Alert Plus has successfully been migrated to SharePoint 2013.